Saturday, December 12, 2009

The second test confirmed it. We are pregnant!!

Last month, the first month we went off of birth control, hubs and I joked that it would be crazy if we got pregnant right away. Then we had a false alarm and I started reading up on TTC and realized with discouragement that the road could be very long.

For the past month I have been stressed, wondering whether all my justifications for waiting to try for kids would turn out to be false. What if 31 was too old? What if I would follow my mother's and sister's footsteps and this was just the beginning of years of trouble conceiving? What if there was a problem with hubs' equipment? What if there was a problem with mine? But this morning I took my second pregnancy test in as many days, and for the second time it was positive.

We are feeling happy and blessed and more than a little scared. It was a tender and beautiful moment when I showed the test to hubs, but we have a lot to hope for and much to learn. I am symptom-free so it doesn't feel real yet, in many ways. Though, there is some tangible little piece that does.

Please send us blessings. Please wish us luck. Please embrace us as we embark on this journey. I am happy I have already begun to find a community to share this, one of the most important experiences of my life!

1 comment:

  1. YES!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Isn't that the best thing EVER to see?! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete