Friday, December 11, 2009

Body, meet pregnancy test. Pregnancy test, meet body. Now, why can't you agree? ::sigh::

So I've been away from the blog for awhile, in no small part from the discouragement of having been sure I was preggo and finding out I wasn't.

The weird thing about last month is that my body went haywire (appetite, emotions, energy level, and my period was late)--so much so that I skipped a trip to Chicago that involved seeing the most adorable niece and nephew in the world because I thought I was either throwing-up pregnant or something was seriously wrong with me. However convinced I was, no pregnancy test would ever confirm it and I eventually got my period.

Fast forward to this month. Honestly, I'm not sure whether I'm late (it's been 28 days since my last period but I just went off of Ortho Tri Cyclen two months ago so my body could be adjusting). In any case, I have been feeling very much like myself (e.g., no symptoms) but I took a pregnancy test yesterday and today, mainly because I want to know whether it's OK to drink since I am taking my sommelier exam next week.

And guess what I got? Faint lines on both days!! The pic you see is of this morning's actual test--the faint line even showed up on film, so I know I'm not crazy!

Now, I don't want to get my hopes up, but I don't think the tests detect the hormone if it's not there. I am thinking maybe I should get a different brand of test just in case this one is defective. But if it's not, does this mean I am really pregnant? My complete lack of symptoms is making it difficult to believe...

Any insight or advice around how to get through the monthly emotional roller coaster is welcome!

1 comment:

  1. That looks positive to me, and that is a pretty reliable brand (I was in the TTC game almost a year, I know my brands!). I would run out and get a ClearBlue Easy digital if I were you. GOOD LUCK!!!!

    ReplyDelete